Saturday, March 7, 2009

Crutches

Carson of course loves to imitate everyone else. He could not get enough of the crutches when Brent came home from surgery on February 25th.
 

Trevor was almost tall enough to use them the correct way. He was cracking us up trying to heave himself over.
 

Even Brent started getting in on trying to do different tricks. NOT what the doctor wanted I'm sure seeing as he was still totally drugged and wouldn't have felt it if he landed wrong. Doesn't he look a little too happy on these drugs?
 

Brent's cool shoe he gets to wear for a MONTH putting pressure ONLY on his heel if he has to put any pressure at all. Brent is more particular about his shoes than I am so he isn't too thrilled about this. For those of you that noticed it is his driving foot, no he isn't driving on it. He taught himself to drive with his left. Does being ambidextrous extend to your feet?
 

Cade had more fun than anyone else I think. He couldn't stop giggling.
 

 

The patient is doing better than expected and had very little pain. (Even though the doctor made us feel like it was going to be the worst recovery ever. I'd take this anyday over last years knee surgery) So, other than when some guy opened a door into him at the bank or when Ethan jumped onto our bed kneeing him in the foot he had a fairly good week. It was a week of having 5 kids to put it mildly, but I survived it somehow and I have my helpful husband back~almost.

3 comments:

The Horners said...

Cute boys, even Brent! I like his hair shaved. I've always liked shaved heads and i don't know why. Carson looks so big!!! What's new, right? He looks like a baby Ethan!

Linda and Rex said...

Don't know what is up with Brent'f foot. Looks like he is doing well and I can't believe how much the boys have grown.

Tarah said...

You guys are hilarious! Brent does look a little happy playing with those crutches too...Cade's smile is sweet too:) Carson is just too funny with the crutches too. I'm glad he's starting to feel better...