Thursday, May 15, 2008

Uncle Ty comes home!

Trevor and Ethan remember when Uncle Ty left two years ago. He was the fun uncle that would always be around grandma and grandpas to play with them. He returned today from a mission in Brazil where he served the Lord faithfully for 2 years. He is a wonderful example to my boys and I am so thankful that they were old enough to remember him and learn from his example. If you have ever greeted a missionary at the airport you know it can seem a little surreal when seeing them after 2 whole years!

Waiting for a glimpse of Uncle Ty!

Trevor and Uncle Ty.

Ethan and Uncle Ty.

Uncle Ty hugging Mom. I hope someday to have this hug with each of my boys.

Uncle Ty with Da Boyz and I.

Uncle Ty with 6 week old baby Carson. I barely made the deadline to have a baby while he was away!

6 comments:

The Holyoaks said...

Okay, so looking at the pics of Ty hugging mom and of Ty holding Carson made me so emotional! So cute. I hope to have a mommy moment with a missionary someday, too. How great must that feel?

The McGraths said...

That was so cute seeing Ty snuggle Carson! And I agree with you, I can't wait to have that after mission hug with my boys! and my girls if that's what they choose to do.

Rebecca said...

I admit, I have tears in my eyes from these pictures. How exciting for your family to have Ty back home! And by the way, you look fantastic! Did you really have a baby 6 weeks ago? =)

karen garner said...

Great pictures. Ty looks so great holding the baby. I'll bet he's so thrilled to see your adorable boys.

Dan and Janay said...

Love that last pic of ty and carson. So cute.

janay

Emily said...

I found your blog through Penny's. So fun to see what's been going on with you all since you left! You're kids have gotten so big and you've added another--congrats!