Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Goodbye homework! Hello Summer!

Yesterday was the last day of school. Budget cuts ended the year early. I'm not sure who is happier about not having homework for a few months, ME or the boys. 2nd graders don't do a Principals list for straight A's, instead they have a Teacher's List. Ethan made it on the Teacher's list with straight A's and was really proud!
 

Brent and I wanted to reward Trevor and Ethan for their good grades and Cade's hard work at learning to write his ABC's. (Cade had a hard time holding his pencil correctly and won't write letters unless they are PERFECT so this was a BIG deal!)
So, we got them a surprise and Brent hid it in the backyard so they had to go searching for it.
 

Can you say excited when they spotted one on top of the fence?
 

 

After they found them all around the yard they did a quick group pose before opening their presents. Cade's new thing is making faces instead of smiling. Of course we had to get Carson one too so their wouldn't be any fighting over whose turn it was.
 

It didn't take long for Brent to get in on the backyard shootout. What dad could resist that?
 

 

SUMMER HERE I COME!!!!!! Now, if we could just get some warm weather?

7 comments:

The Holyoaks said...

Cute pictures! They look so excited.

Cheralyn said...

What a great idea about rewarding them for their hard work! Love the pictures.

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

AWESOME pix! You really captured the moment...so fun!

kristin said...

The expressions on their faces is so cute! How fun!!! Great job with the pictures! I too am so very excited about homework being over:)

The Horners said...

I love their reactions! Nice call on getting them all the same thing. I'm always so impressed with the boys academics. They are so smart!

Erixgirl said...

How fun to hide the surprises! These boys are so handsome! My girls think so too, since they were fighting over who got to sit next to Cade at the play, hahaha. Luv that!

Gpa Paul said...

Boys and Guns...I'm tellin ya.