Monday, May 17, 2010

Stake Father/Son Camput

Brent took the boys to the stake father/son campout last weekend. I was surprised he wanted to take all four boys. I should have done something fun for myself, but I chose to clean out and organize closets and summer clothes instead. It was a nice break to be by myself and feel productive. Maybe next year I will party!

They had fun getting a second dinner since they had left over food from a service project the week before.
 

When you bring 4 sons to a campout you end up with one of the bigger tents at the campsite. He said people teased him about how big his tent was until they realized how many kids he brought.
 

Doing smores and dinner together. (Brent didn't actually get pictures with himself and the boys, just the boys with other dads from the ward. Note to self. Remind Brent to take pictures WITH your kids not just OF your kids next year.)
 

 

They all said they had fun and loved sleeping in the tent all together. They came back with seriously stinky campfire smell in their clothes. For only being gone 18 hours I shouldn't have to wash all their clothes twice to get the smell out!

7 comments:

rad6 said...

Wow at your house, Fathers and Sons weekend will always be pretty amazing for you!
talk about a nice break for mom. I love it.
Your boys are so stinkin cute!!!

Carrie said...

henry told me he had fun climbing trees with cade while they were camping. our house was crazy quiet while the boys were gone!

Middleton said...

What a brave daddy taking them all by himslef! He's my hero!

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Daddy points for you, Brent! I'm sure da Boyz had fun.

Gpa Paul said...

Brent is so lucky to have those four boys. They are in for so many fun things together. Good job dad.

Gina Deceuster said...

I think boys' clothes have a natural attraction to dirt and smoke.

The Horners said...

How fun! It must be so weird to have the house to yourself for a while!