So, if you haven't heard about the fires in Northern California this will come as a surprise. We have had smoky skies all week with news reports of over 1000 fires, our governor urging us NOT to purchase fireworks, some counties cancelling fireworks or cutting back fireworks celebrations, and unhealthy air alerts urging us to stay inside. This morning was the first time I could see a little bit of blue sky. It has looked really overcast all week, but when you look closer it is actually smoke. Crazy! The other day I took the kids to the mall to get Cade and Carson's pictures taken and when I got back in my car it smelled like campfire! (Yes, I am feeling a little bit humbled by my last post when I was annoyed about lightening ruining my beach trip when so many are suffering from evacuations and losing homes.) For more pictures check out Ruth Davis's blog to your right.
8 comments:
It was soooo bad mon/tue, my eyes never stopped burning & watering...I finally went & washed my makeup off, used my eyedrops, & laid down & took a nap! It is much better now...so glad to see the sun. It hasn't stopped any river activity - still tons of people on the River.
so depressing huh? I was shocked at how strong the smell was the other day. This is awful but a good reminder how blessed we are and how amazing the country we live in is.
Wow, that's crazy. I just don't get the see the news as much as I used to. I'm glad you had some blue skies come your way.
You motivated me to figure out how to change my name. But now Avery will be posting under this. Oh well... this is way too complicated!
That was too long... i think i like this better.
The smoke has been crazy, I agree! I hope they get it under control.
Janay
I was wondering how close it was and if you could see the smoke. Kinda scary! Glad you could see the blue sky.
Yup, I can relate. Glad you're surviving.
Post a Comment