Monday, April 13, 2009

One Year Old!

My baby turned one on April 3rd. I found myself staring at him all day in awe of the miracle he is. He is beautiful. I always think that of my baby boys, but I'm not just talking about them being handsome. They are just such a precious miracle and beautiful seems to be the word that comes to mind when I try to describe them. I always feel a sense of accomplishment when reaching this point with each child. This first year is always a tough one for me physically, emotionally, and in so many other ways. The rewards are just as great as the challenges though. Each child had their own things that made it tough, but each child also challenged me to be better and for that I am thankful. There were so many moments where the hard part of being their mom disappeared as they reached and relied on me and as I held them, cuddled them, and played with them. I love these little ones so much, but look forward to watching them continue in their development and living life with them. In four years this boy will be almost ready for kindergarten and my oldest will be 12. I am sure I will think the time passed too quickly and long for time to stand still, but for now I am trying to enjoy the moments even when they are crazy or frustrating.

We had a simple celebration on Carson's birthday with just us. Carson loves to climb and climbed right up on top of the presents before I could even get them all down for him.
 

He caught on quick to ripping open the paper and clapped when he did it by himself.
 

Carson's brothers explaining how to blow out the candles and how he shouldn't try to grab the flame.
 

Carson listening intently as we sang happy birthday.
 

Not too pleased with the cake placed before him. Why do my kids not like Cake? Oh, maybe they are related to me.
 

He touched the frosting and that was it. He kept trying to shake it off and cried when it just stuck to him. He wouldn't eat it by himself or with help.
 

4 comments:

Brett said...

Fun! I'm actually not a cake fan either, good to know there are others out there who wouldn't look at me like I'm insane.

Birthday Candybar!?!?!

The McGraths said...

I cant believe he is already one! This year has FLOWN by! He is so big! Can't wait to see you guys in AUGUST!

The Horners said...

ALREADY???? Ah, that means we are next! He's so cute and so BIG!

Laura C. said...

I love the pic of your older boys explaining the candle thing to Carson. Totally Awesome!