Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pumpkin Carving-Expedited

I do NOT enjoy touching pumpkin guts so my husband every year so far has done the pumpkin carving. (Except the year Ethan was born 10 days before Halloween and Grandma Jenny saved him by doing the carving with Trevor.) My job is taking the pictures. This year since Brent had to do 3 pumpkins between dinner and bedtime he decided to use this dremel (the man has way too many tools) to expedite the carving. When stuff started flying around the kitchen I sent him outside. The kids took turns holding a light up for him and holding up the picture they drew on a paper so he would know how to make what they wanted. They had so much fun with their "safety" glasses on.(Yes, I was the one that wanted them to wear them.) At one point I had to wash Brent's nasty spotted pumpkin gut glasses because he couldn't see and the dremel actually broke at another point and hit him in the forehead. So, good thing it was him and not the kids or I would have been just a little peeved.
Here are da boyz goofing off. Ethan holding his picture and Trevor holding the light. Cade just being cute. Carson was in bed and doesn't care if he has a pumpkin or not and I didn't think Brent would go for carving ANOTHER pumpkin.
 

More goofing off. Who was having more fun? Me laughing at them or them making each other laugh.
 

Pumpkins completed. Here they are trying to shine lights into them to show their faces. Cade wanted a MAD pumpkin.
 

The back of their pumpkins always get their initials carved in.
 
Posted by Picasa

Happy Halloween!

13 comments:

Rochelle said...

Just for the record I want to say... uhg uhg uhg!!!!! Men and their use of needless tools will live on... Next year I need to figure out how to scroll saw the design onto the pumpkins.

Brent

Penny said...

How cute are you guys? I realized last night that I have never done this with my kids. Do you think that they won't know if I wait another year??? I too can't handle pumpkin guts.

Ellie said...

I love the dremel idea. Jeff has one that hasn't been used in a while. Maybe we'll get it out tonight. I also love the idea of putting their initials in the back of the pumpkin. Can we vote for our favorite pumpkin? I love the mouth on Ethan's. Very cute.

Julia said...

Great idea with the dremel. DH would have to fight me to see who got to carve with it :)

The Holyoaks said...

Ha! Cute! Looks like so much fun. I don't mind pumpkin guts. But I'm kinda grody anyways.

Laura C. said...

This cracked me up! I sent the link to Ryan :) He'll get a kick out of it too, I'm sure.

Bassetts said...

What a cute idea! Rick and I cheat and find stuff on the internet to carve, but this way the boys are using their creativity for carving. Love it! Rick hasn't reached the "too many tools" club yet, but he's making his way up there.

Middleton said...

Looks like the boys had a good time. Yeah for pumpkin guts!

Tarah said...

You guys are the cutest! Wow, you Petersons are great!

Emily said...

I love the idea of the kids initials in the back, Andrew and Spencer would love that~I think we're going to have to start doing that. Also what a great idea with the tool. Your boys are adorable (even though I'm sure they don't want to be called "adorable"). Very cute!

Vanessa said...

Pumpkin guts are the worst :( THey looked like they have tons of fun!

Kari said...

HAHAHA! We laughed so hard when we saw this! Using power tools for pumpkins--that is sooo Brent! It makes us miss you guys even more! Love the initial idea too!

kristin said...

Rochelle, I truly love your sarcasm and wit. The dremel idea is definitely a class act, but your commentary had me laughing!!! I'm so glad I get to work with you.